The school counseling program at Airport High School equips all students with the skills and knowledge necessary to achieve success in college and career readiness. The program is data driven to serve student needs regardless of background and to ensure students are equipped to pursue college and career goals. The school counseling program will equip students to become citizens of their community that help it to thrive and grow productively.
The students of Airport High School's Comprehensive School Counseling Department will graduate with the skills and knowledge necessary to make them capable in the life pathways they choose to pursue and equip them with the ability to be challenged and to continue learning throughout life. AHS students will be confident in their abilities and will become leaders in their chosen fields. Students will receive the necessary education to help them excel in college or technical career fields. Students will be active influencers in their communities for the better.
- Every student can learn, and every student can succeed.
- Every student should have access to and opportunity for a high-quality education.
- Every student should graduate from high school prepared for postsecondary opportunities.
- Every student should have access to a comprehensive school counseling program.
- Effective school counseling is a collaborative process involving school counselors, students, families, teachers, administrators, other school staff and education stakeholders.
- School counselors are leaders in the school, district, state and nation.
- Comprehensive school counseling programs promote and enhance student academic, career and social/emotional outcomes.