Eagle Plus Time
It is the expectation of the Airport HS faculty, that students complete all of their work. If students are not actively keeping up with their work, there is a greater likelihood that course failure will result. Therefore, if students are missing assignments or failing courses, they will be expected to complete that work during Eagle Plus or EAGLE Lab.
Eagle Plus is time built into the school day to provide timely, directive and systemic support for students. Opportunities for support are provided in every class, and activities include assistance with homework, writing papers, test make up, test retakes, and a variety of enrichment activities.
EAGLE Lab takes place during the school day during Eagle Plus and is our attempt to make sure that every student stays current with homework and develops the skills needed to successful learn new material. During EAGLE Lab, students are expected to complete the work that is missing for a class.
Parents can support our goal for homework completion by regularly checking grades on Parent Portal.
Eagle Plus Procedures
- Enter your user name and password at http://airport.pltime.net/users/sign_in
2. Click Select
- Click Select Activity
- Click the appropriate course specific lab and day(s) to attend
- Labs are run by course not by department
- Select the correct course!
- If you make a mistake you can click edit and change it before Friday
3. Register by Thursday to give yourself plenty of time
- Teachers have the final vote on where you go, so if you have a good reason to attend a different lab,discuss with your teachers prior to the day of the lab
- If you register for a lab, you will be allowed to make a change during the week
- If you are registered by a teacher, you will not be allowed to change the lab
4. Schedules are distributed during Advisory on Monday
- You can go on-line if you are absent Monday
- You can go see your Advisory teacher Tuesday for your schedule
- WRITE DOWN YOUR LABS for the week in your planner or save the website on your phone
- There are no passes for Eagle Plus
- Any changes on the day of a lab need to be made by your teacher
- Make sure you are signed up for what you need
- If you are making good grades (above a C) you will have the opportunity to make choices about what labs you attend
- If you are missing assignments, you will be sent to EAGLE Lab during Eagle Plus Time to finish missing work
- Not finishing your work in EAGLE Lab will lead to EAGLE Lab II in the library
6. Why are we doing this?
- Academic preparation is more important than ever, and there are times when everyone needs support
- Every student will have new opportunities to practice what is being learned in class, participate in enrichment, and prepare for exams, papers, etc
- Take advantage of the opportunity!