1) ALL new students interested in participating in the 2016-2017 Early College Program must complete the “Early College Application” and provide proof of lawful presence in the US (Driver’s License/SC State ID or other listed on application).
Eligible currently and previously enrolled students must complete an “Application Update Form” and 2016-17 Lottery Tuition Waiver Request.
Return completed forms to Ms. Bledsoe or Mrs.Torres in Guidance. DEADLINE: Thursday, March 24th at 3:30 PM
Early College Application (NEW Students)
Application Update Form (Current/Previous Students)
2016-17 Lottery Tuition Assistance Waiver Request (Current/Previous Students)
2) All students who are NEW to Early College must sign-up to take the entire COMPASS Exam (writing/reading/math). Any current student that needs to retake a portion of the COMPASS to be eligible for certain courses must sign-up to retake that portion of the COMPASS. Students who need to retake a portion of the COMPASS must complete and return the "High School Retest." Check with Ms. Bledsoe if you are not certain what part of the COMPASS you need to retake. Note: To be "eligible" to take additional Early College courses you must be in "good standing" with both Airport High School and the Early College Program (See "Requirements" in the "Important Information" link on EC webpage for details.)
The COMPASS Writing Exam will be offered on after lunch ( and ). The reading and math will be given on April 14th and April 15th. You are responsible for remembering when you signed up and getting yourself to the test session(s) on time. You MUST have your social security number to take the test (this is required by MTC). Again, currently enrolled students do not need to retake the COMPASS unless they need a higher score on a specific test in order to be eligible for a specific course requirement.
High School Retest Request Form (COMPASS Retest Request Form)
COMPASS Writing Test Review (WSAMP Guide)
3) Sign-up for PlanetHS and “Follow” Early College to receive important details, dates & deadlines by text and email. (Parents may sign-up to get messages/reminders as well.)
4) All students in the Early College Program must participate in an Early College Pre-Advisement meeting with Ms. Judi Bledsoe or Ms. Chanda Jefferson at Airport High School. At this meeting you will discuss your COMPASS Test results and the courses you are eligible to take.
Advisement Dates: April 20-22, 2016.
5) New Early College students must create MyMTC account. (Details will be provided about this after you have been registered for courses.)
6) New Early College students MUST participate in Midlands Technical College Orientation. Date will be posted as soon as it is available.
7) Students who owe tuition must start a payment plan or pay fees in full by the MTC deadline. Tuition payment deadline can be found on MTC website. Students taking BOTH courses on the MTC Campus during a semester will owe tuition. Students taking one course on AHS Campus will have a reduced fee, to be determined by MTC. (Students taking BOTH courses on Airport High School Campus will not have a tuition payment.)